Sunday, May 11, 2008

cars and trampolines

At 9:15 pm a neighbor rang my doorbell and said, "I thought you should know, your neighbors tampoline is on top of your cars." Sure enough there giant, very heavy trmapoline had blown over the fence into our drive way and on top of my car and my mothers old van. This is what happened to my car-






















A rush of neighbors came and helped us move the trampoline back to where it belonged. My car was closet to my house while my mom's car was closer to the trampoline, there is not a stratch on my mothers 20 year old piece of junk. Can you believe this? My wonderfull brother just spent 20 min picking peices of glass off of my parking passes. I still have no idea how the wind blew this giant tramp onto our cars!!
Also my mother pulled the car in the driveway about an hour before the incident, she had taken the "gypsy bug" sticker off my car and wanted to surprise me. So I hope I get a rental car soon. I have places to be and people to see.

8 comments:

Craig Barlow B. said...

This is the worst luck ever. My dad never let us have a trampoline when we were kids, and I could never understand why. I suspect this is the reason.
Wow, I am very sorry Dawn. That is no good at all.

Sarah-Ashley said...

This is extremely bad news Dawn. What a terrible event. At first I was really scared you had been in a car wreck, I am glad that isn't what went on. But still, what a nightmare. Trampolines are an awful idea.

Bridger W. said...

Just think Dawn, this could have been YOU. You should be thankful to your car for its unrelenting courage to stay outside no matter the consequences.

Your neighbors need to get ahold of their trampoline.

Melissa said...

I am stunned. This is Twilight Zone bizarre. I hope this causes you the least amount of inconvenience possible under these circumstances.

Elizabeth said...

when i saw the pictures and the title of this blog i thought some first grader had been double-jumped right into your back windshield. thank heavens no one was hurt!

derek w. said...

There's nothing sadder than seeing a beautiful car destroyed.

Jarrard said...

we get gale force winds out here in daybreak, it's true. the neighbors to the south of me, their trampoline flew about ten yards before becoming disassembled by the house to the east of me. i always had resentment towards my parents for not having a trampoline. now that i'm a little older and wiser, i realize that trampolines are hideous and make great kites.

Allie said...

how on earth did that happen?? However, I still really enjoy jumping on a tramp.